Graphic Design Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for Graphic Design professionals, students, and enthusiasts. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I found this really cool text, and would like to use the style but for a different word. How can I do it in GIMP or

enter image description here

share|improve this question
What word were you wanting to use? – joshmax Oct 7 '11 at 15:14
up vote 2 down vote accepted

My suggestion is to find a similar font on > Comic Fonts or Blambot > Fonts. There are fonts out there where that style is already applied to the letters. In the case of the latter, the comic book fonts are sorted by purpose; you can find blocky overlapping letters under "sound effects" fonts.

Either way: Why re-invent the wheel, right? :)

share|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.