Graphic Design Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for Graphic Design professionals, students, and enthusiasts. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

The function "perspective" looks like a 3*3-matrix with sine och cosines and is it translation, scaling, rotation, some combination or other? How does it work? Is "perspective" the real proper name since it seems more like a rotation combined with a scaling? Thanks for any pointer about the function "perspective" where you can change the perspective of the image so that it looks like it was taken from another angle.

share|improve this question

migrated from Oct 20 '11 at 11:28

This question came from our site for professional and enthusiast programmers.

up vote 2 down vote accepted

Take a look at:

share|improve this answer
Thank you. The grid helped me understand better. I now wonder what implementations are avilable and will look more. – Programmer 400 Dec 10 '11 at 3:17
Glad to help! :D In fact transformation matrices are used quite often in both vector and raster graphics software (e.g.… – there's a tab called "matrix"), but it's not always so explicitly presented. – thebodzio Dec 10 '11 at 11:26

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.