Graphic Design Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for Graphic Design professionals, students, and enthusiasts. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I really need to know what kind of texture this is can someone please help?

Texture image

share|improve this question
that image is much too small, and the texture to subtle to really define accurately. – JamesHenare Jan 20 '11 at 11:21
Do you have a better picture of it perhaps? – Dan Hanly Jan 20 '11 at 13:03
@people that voted down: when you vote down, please explain why you voted down. – Littlemad Jan 21 '11 at 2:23
I voted down because there is not good content to the question, i.e the image is too small to help us answer accurately. If @Ben improves the resource i'll upvote again – JamesHenare Jan 25 '11 at 9:10
I think anyone who says 'image is too small' should just open in in PS or something and zoom in. Also, this is probably a background image, so only logical that it's that small. No intention to scold or anything, but I do think it's a weak argument to vote down for. Or even mention. – poepje Jun 11 '12 at 8:36

This texture could be a fabric or some other pattern that has been scaled and possibly colored as well. (The linked screenshot is really small, so it's hard to tell.)

share|improve this answer

I dont get the question, really think about it. If you already have the texture why not just use it (it's not like font that you need to know its name to use it) and if you are looking to find similar ones then search for subtle fabric patterns/textures. This is the texture you posted: enter image description here

and this is the texture i found on internet, not exactly the same but very similar: at website called: .....its name is Stressed Linen. enter image description here

share|improve this answer

It sort of looks like one of the default fabric type patterns in photoshop

share|improve this answer
Well at least not CS3, CS4 or CS5. PS has only few default patterns (and they're not great either). – poepje Jun 11 '12 at 8:38

I would say it's a fabric-like denim. Though I don't quite understand the purpose of this question.

share|improve this answer

Although the image ti far too small to see with any sort of clarity, it looks like it is just some noise applied to a solid color.

Filter > Noise > Add Noise

share|improve this answer

I say its a texture/pattern, maybe its the Apple iOS Linen texture. enter image description here

If not, spend some time on this site, its a great pattern collection and maybe you'll find it, or just google for subtle denim/fabric pattern..

share|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.