Graphic Design Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for Graphic Design professionals, students, and enthusiasts. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I have photo of a person and a texture. I'd like paint this body with this texture. How can I do it in photoshop?

An example : Basically I want to know how to apply a texture over body.

share|improve this question
Welcome to GD. While not an exact duplicate, another question has a very similar request and may be worth taking a look at:… – Farray Jan 6 '12 at 19:19
up vote 1 down vote accepted

The image you linked to is actually paint on a body and not a photo alteration.

However, to do this with Photoshop, you need to be come acquainted with Displacement Maps. Displacement Maps use a greyscale image as a bump map and allow you to add the "bump" appearance to an otherwise flat image.

Here are a few displacement map tutorial via Google:

share|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.