Graphic Design Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for Graphic Design professionals, students, and enthusiasts. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

How do I create a semi-transparent layer to place over an image, such as the center of the background on (Direct link to background)

I'm using Adobe Photoshop CS5.5.

share|improve this question

migrated from Apr 18 '12 at 1:11

This question came from our site for professional, enthusiast and amateur photographers.

up vote 3 down vote accepted

There is an opacity slider in the Layers explorer.

enter image description here

share|improve this answer

fill 51. give fill 51, it's show transparent.

Layer1 = background Layer2 = shape then give this layer (fill = 52)

share|improve this answer
Can you explain a little better? What is "fill 51"? – Luke Shaheen Apr 18 '12 at 19:25
A little more explaining wouldn't hurt. Voted down cause I really don't see much effort here. – Joonas Apr 18 '12 at 20:34

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.