Graphic Design Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for Graphic Design professionals, students, and enthusiasts. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

Is there a way to envelope-distort a vector shape in Adobe Fireworks? Meaning - distort it by by manipulating the object's surrounding rectangle. I want to reach effects like wave or fish-eye.

Photoshop has a similar tool, but for bitmaps...

The equivalent in Photoshop to what I'm looking for

share|improve this question

If it's a vector shape, simply add anchors and alter the shape.

Fireworks does not provide any "warp" or distort features beyond the standard Modify > Transform > Distort. And that feature is restricted to essentially independent corner movement, no arcing or curves.

share|improve this answer

Illustrator can do all kinds of crazy things with Warp. Maybe Warp in Illustrator, then paste the resulting path into Fireworks?

I do the same with Illustrator and Photoshop quite often, which gives you the best of both worlds: advanced vector tools, including distortion and warping, but also great pixel-based design and bitmap layer effects. It's a win-win, provided you own both apps.

share|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.