Graphic Design Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for Graphic Design professionals, students, and enthusiasts. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I would like to create a sexy-trending curved or blended shadow using Adobe Fireworks CS5.

How can I do that? I would like to achieve a shadow like the following sample:

Curved or blended shadow sample

share|improve this question
up vote 1 down vote accepted

Create your shadow then use the oval marque tool to create a very wide oval and delete the extra to create a curved shadow. I don't have fireworks, but I will show you in photoshop.

Create your rectangle and place a black duplicate beneath it

enter image description here

enter image description here

enter image description here

share|improve this answer
Great! Btw which version of Adobe Fireworks are you using? – Rubens Mariuzzo Jun 22 '12 at 20:39
Like I said, I don't have fireworks, I just used photoshop, I know that adobe fireworks has similar tools though. – Zach Sugano Jun 22 '12 at 23:56

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.