Graphic Design Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for Graphic Design professionals, students, and enthusiasts. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I've a Wacom Bamboo Fun Touch & Pen to draw on the PC. I also have some old designs drawed on paper that I want to draw on the PC using Photoshop. The problem is that the paper design is bigger than the drawable surface of the graphics tablet. I want to redraw the designs overlapping the paper on the tablet, so that I can trace the design. So, my question is: How can achieve this?

I've tried slicing the paper using a pencil and redraw the designs little by little, part by part, but the final result is awful...

Thank you very much in advance!

share|improve this question
Since you already have the drawing, why not just scan it in? – DA01 Sep 4 '12 at 18:05
As @DA01 points out - scan your drawing. If it takes several scans you can bring the images together in photoshop and use the difference blend mode to match them up, do any other curves/contrast adjustments you need to make it easy to tracer over than bring the file into Illustrator to vectorize over – George Profenza Sep 4 '12 at 18:50
Yes! Great idea! I didn't think in it. Thank you very much! – KrLx_roller Sep 4 '12 at 19:42
@DA01 Your comment is a good answer. Can you make it one, so it can be voted and accepted? :) – Alan Gilbertson Sep 6 '12 at 18:14
@AlanGilbertson done! – DA01 Sep 6 '12 at 18:30
up vote 2 down vote accepted

Since you already have the drawing, I would suggest scanning it in.

share|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.