Take the 2-minute tour ×
Graphic Design Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for Graphic Design professionals, students, and enthusiasts. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Possible Duplicate:
Photoshop curved Shadow

I've seen these a lot recently and I want to learn how to create them in Photoshop! Here's the image I'm talking about:


share|improve this question

marked as duplicate by Scott, Ryan, user568458, e100, Yisela Sep 12 '12 at 22:03

This question has been asked before and already has an answer. If those answers do not fully address your question, please ask a new question.

yep, it's a dupe, sorry. The answer on that question is really cool, thanks! –  Bogdan Sep 12 '12 at 13:50
There's also a question about how to do that exact pointed corner style drop shadow in Illustrator graphicdesign.stackexchange.com/questions/9151/… –  user568458 Sep 12 '12 at 16:08

1 Answer 1

up vote 1 down vote accepted

drop shadow. more advanced than the average one but still a drop shadow..

share|improve this answer
apparently it's just a drop shaddow with a gradient mask graphicdesign.stackexchange.com/questions/1441/… –  Bogdan Sep 12 '12 at 13:51
a very cool tutorial on warped masks can be found here onwired.com/blog/better-drop-shadows –  Bogdan Sep 12 '12 at 14:11

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.