Tag Info

New answers tagged


I would suggest squid ink, unless that's actually a really dark purple or something. Many types of volcanic rocks are black. The darkness is the absence of (visible) light, so it's not technically a color, and it can't be exactly reproduced with a reflective pigment. However, there may be material that will not reflect light at all (i.e. be completely ...


I'm sure pure black is the most abundant color in the universe. Just compare the little blue marble we live in versus empty space. Your teacher is "wrong" in that respect. Black is everywhere, in a shadow of the forest, in the pupils of your loved one's eyes, in the freshness of the night. On the other hand... who says that design should only be ...


Process black and Rich black are both similar if not the same. The black is created with a mixture of Cyan, Magenta, Yellow, and Black. In 4 color printing it makes sure the back is saturated. Pantone black is a spot color or a specific ink. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rich_black

Top 50 recent answers are included