Tag Info

New answers tagged


Research shows that graphics accessible via this government link and in the document provided to printers, are open stores and available for reproduction. http://mutcd.fhwa.dot.gov/knowledge/faqs/faq_general.htm#printq5 Q: Is the MUTCD copyrighted? Do I need permission from FHWA to copy material from the MUTCD and include it in a book or other type of ...


This might depend on where you're living. But in general no, you won't get in trouble for using traffic signs. They are domain of the government and are more or less public domain. If you make your own unique sign you can even buy your own copyrights.


If you're on a Mac, you may be able to view licensing information in Font Book, and for Windows, open fonts settings in Control Panel. You can possibly try a font creation app, such as Glyphs or Fontforge to view license information.


What The Font is the most popular one: https://www.myfonts.com/WhatTheFont/ There are others. FYI, if you're getting font files from other designers, unless the the license allows for re-distribution, they are likely breaking the license of the fonts. Technically, you should have your own license of the font if you are going to work on the files further ...


In general, a work derived from a free work is subject to regular copyright and thus you cannot plainly use it, even if the derived work’s creator put it online for free. This is part of the Berne Convention: Translations, adaptations, arrangements of music and other alterations of a literary or artistic work shall be protected as original works without ...


I'm pretty sure that you are free to use it. These Icons are made to unify and to help people. Everyone knows what that icon means, so it would be stupid to forbid people to use it when they need it.

Top 50 recent answers are included