Tag Info

Hot answers tagged


Bleed and slugs are meant to be cut off after printing. Therefore you don't want them on the page. By being outside the InDesign page definition, it should make it clear that when printed, only the actual page will be seen. When you export to a press-ready PDF or output the InDesign file with printer's marks, the additional areas for bleed and slug are ...


To have .25 inch bleeds, your document size in Photoshop would have to be 9 inches (8.5 + .25 + .25) by 11.5 inches (11 + .25 + .25), so you'll have to correct the dimensions. At the moment, you are set up for 1/8th inch bleed, not 1/4. Artwork must extend all the way to the edge of the bleed area. Right now, you have no bleed in your document, because the ...


Ouch. Who is using this? Does it need to be printed or would a PDF seen on a screen suffice? If you have to print it out you have several solutions. Do like everyone else and shrink it down into an illegible mess (I don't recommend that). Print on a poster sized paper (which you don't want to do as it's more expensive) Cull some information from the ...


You have to have something to indicate what story you're reading. Otherwise this story just starts in the middle of a thought and you have no idea what it's connected to. If space is a problem, use one or two words and a much smaller size. So if the main article head is "Mayor Burgermeister Cancels Christmas After Record Heat Wave," the jump head might just ...


I believe that's the way it's supposed to work. The page area in InDesign is your finished product - bleed and slug areas extend beyond that.


In PhotoshopCC+ you can also choose View > New Guide Layout

Only top voted, non community-wiki answers of a minimum length are eligible