What to ask here
Graphic Design SE is for questions targeted toward design professionals, students, and enthusiasts. This includes questions about:
- graphic arts theory and history;
- layout, printing and typography;
- color and composition;
- the look-and-feel aspect of web design;
- illustration and image manipulation;
- how to achieve something with design software (please read this FAQ before asking such a question);
- aspects of being a graphic designer, such as creativity and client interactions.
For some kinds of questions that are a weird fit for our Q&A model, we have rules to keep them fitting and answerable:
We ask kindly that your question shows some effort. Tell us what you already know and understood; show us what you tried and failed; document what you found when searching the Internet or manual. If applicable, illustrate your question with sketches, screenshots or examples.
What not to ask
Please avoid asking questions about or for:
- doing your work for free, including brainstorming or idea gathering;
- extended tutorials – instead focus on a single aspect that you are struggling with (see this FAQ);
- software problems that are not specific to graphic-design software, require access to a specific file, or can only be solved by trial and error – such questions are either a good fit for Super User or can only be answered by the manufacturer; also see this Meta post;
- video editing – ask on Video Production instead;
- web-site architecture and development – please consult this page on where to ask such questions.
For more help, see: What types of questions should I avoid asking?
If your question is not specifically on-topic for Graphic Design Stack Exchange, it may be on topic for another Stack Exchange site. If no site currently exists that will accept your question, you may commit to or propose a new site at Area 51, the place where new Stack Exchange communities are democratically created.