In Adobe Illustrator CC 2017,
Edit: To everyone else who is experiencing this problem. It appears to be a really bad bug. Please upvote the issue on the link below so Adobe can be aware and fix this problem in their new release. I will be selecting the best "work around" as an answer since there is no way to actually fix this until Adobe wakes up. https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-bugs/suggestions/32589683-find-font-broken-between-osx-and-windows
How to determine the correct font name between OSX and Windows with Adobe "Find Font" / Missing Font Manager?
ITCAvantGardeStd or is it
ITC Avant Garde Gothic Std?
When opening in Illustrator on Mac the missing font is: ITC Avant Garde Gothic Std
When opening in Illustrator on Windows the missing font is: ITCAvantGardeStd
In Windows it is displaying It's PostScript Name which does not include the word Gothic!
How do you know what font to install?!
OSX - Good
- Correct font name displayed in Mac when font is installed
- Correct font name when font is missing/uninstalled on Mac
- Mac File Manager and Font Manager
Windows - Bad
- PostScript font names in Windows. (No mention of Gothic)
- Windows File Manager and Font Manager
- Illustrator will no longer display the PostScript name when the correct font is installed. Interesting... but not helpful!!
- When installed the font will not display it's PostScript name or be searchable by it's PostScript name!!!
FontForge Info on ITC Avant Garde Gothic Std