I need some help with regards to submitting print ready files:
please help me find solution to list of queries given below:
Software >> Adobe illustrator
Logo Design >>
1) I select colors using HSB slider and create new swatch. Is it correct method to choose colors ?
2) Can I use spot colors (Pantone-solid coated) in the design by adding new swatch. Will it display correctly in PDF, EPS, JPEG and PNG files ?
3) Can I use Gradient or dropshadow in the design. If yes, do we have to flatten it when saving the file as pdf or Vector EPS.
4) I embed ICC Profiles for PDF (i.e,U.S. Web Coated(SWOP) v2 ) and JPEG (i.e, sRGB IEC61966-2.1) , so that colors display correctly in every other PC. Do we have an option to embed profile for PNG and Vector EPS. Because there is a color shift in vector EPS.
5) Can I set resolution for JPEG and PNG files to 110 DPI INSTEAD OF 72 DPI
Business Card >>
1) I convert Image to CMYK. If the resolution of the image is more than 300dpi do we have to reduce it.
2) Texts are not outlined for Name, Address etc.. do we have to embed font? If not, how is it going to work.
Label or packaging design >>
1) Do we have to use only Pantone colors? If yes will it display correctly in PDF or EPS file?