I'm not even sure if i'm searching for the right term. is hologram sticker how this material is called?

enter image description here

  • This isn't a question that fits within the scope of SE and is a likely candiate for spam. While I wish you the best in finding a company this question was closed due to answers that would likely change over time. – DᴀʀᴛʜVᴀᴅᴇʀ Jan 8 '18 at 18:28
  • At this time I've removed the portion requesting manufactures. – DᴀʀᴛʜVᴀᴅᴇʀ Jan 8 '18 at 18:33

"Anti-Counterfit HOLOGRAM Stickers"

enter image description here

I found there is a big difference between hologram (3D) and holographic (shiny) stickers!

Disclaimer: I've never tried any of these services.

I believe you would then print the 2 colors (white underneath blue) over these holograms, I'm not sure what type of ink or what press handles that.

enter image description here

intel specifically prints their image over a hologram. I scratched one so you can see.

There are a lot of generic names to call this type of sticker.

"Security Hologram Stickers & Labels Custom Hologram Design, Premium Quality Anti-countefeit, anti-tamper protection for your products, documents, ID badges."

Different types of anti-tamper include

  • 2D/3D parallax
  • Dot-matrix
  • Flip-flop
  • True Color
  • True 3D

I've never used this service before but now you have something to start your personal research in the field of "Anti-Countefit Holographic Stickers"

enter image description here

I've been advised to remove my sources. Google searching the terms I've provided should provide you with some companies. It's going to be very expensive < $1,000 and nobody is going to do a limited run for you because you have to print ink over a hologram. Probably a minimum of 5000 stickers at least maybe more.

| improve this answer | |
  • These kind of anti counterfeit stickers tend to be ALL holographic foil rather than part foil as described in the original question. – Westside Jan 8 '18 at 17:21
  • @Westside I'm not an expert on holographic stickers specifically but I'm pretty sure you just print over the holographic part. I've had to setup artwork before that was going to be printed over holographic foil. I'm pretty sure this is the same thing. – LateralTerminal Jan 8 '18 at 17:47
  • @Westside edit: I added that information. – LateralTerminal Jan 8 '18 at 17:49
  • 1
    Please be careful when answering questions that ask for a service as those companies you reference will change over time and you will likely receive downvotes regarding the possibility others think you're spamming, though that may not be your intended purpose. I would suggest editing your question to remove the companies and leave the portion that helps define what a hologram image is. – DᴀʀᴛʜVᴀᴅᴇʀ Jan 8 '18 at 18:32
  • 2
    @DᴀʀᴛʜVᴀᴅᴇʀ Okay I did what you said I hope that helps. I'm always open to more suggestions. – LateralTerminal Jan 8 '18 at 18:39

It’s holographic foil and it is applied in the same way as any another metallic foil. Sometimes this is done as a separate process after the printing, but some specialist label printers can apply the foil in line with the other print processes.

The exact pattern of the hologram will depend on what the printer can source, but anybody that can produce such labels should be able to provide you with samples. The Intel one is probably bespoke and exclusive.

One last point: it’s pretty expensive.

| improve this answer | |
  • I can't seem to google "bespoke" can you confirm that with a source? – LateralTerminal Jan 8 '18 at 15:46
  • 3
    Bespoke is just an English word the means it’s specially made for that purpose for that customer. – Westside Jan 8 '18 at 15:48
  • "Custom made", in other words "rather expensive". – usr2564301 Jan 8 '18 at 20:30
  • 1
    @usr2564301 One of those words that instantly tells you what side of the world I'm from. – LateralTerminal Jan 9 '18 at 13:59

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.