Is there any keyboard shortcut for entering text editing mode for selected text layer without clicking or double-clicking with the mouse?

This can be duplicate, but no duplicated question answered it correctly.

  • Right, I have written that in details above. – Mohd Faizan Jan 30 '18 at 12:39
  • CTRL+T (I think Command+T on Mac) – Billy Kerr Jan 30 '18 at 13:04
  • @BillyKerr It switches to 'type tool' but do not make selected layer enter editing mode. – Mohd Faizan Jan 30 '18 at 13:14
  • 1
    @usr2564301Yes it is, but that question does not solve my problem. If you keep making as duplicate, quite possible after 5-8 years people only come here read answers, more like help documented knowledge base website. – Mohd Faizan Jan 30 '18 at 13:17
  • 1
    @MohdFaizan - you're right. CTRL+T is transform. My apologies. I don't think there is a shortcut, as far as I know you have to use the Text tool and click on the text, or double click the layer in the layers panel. – Billy Kerr Jan 30 '18 at 13:22

Answering to my own question after two hours of research.

enter image description here

Make any selected text layer to enter the editing mode is quite simple, just hit

  • Ctrl + Enter (to Edit)

After making changes again hit

  • Ctrl + Enter (to Commit changes)

Note: This doesn't work with Previous versions of Photoshop CC 2018 editions.

  • Text says ctrl+enter but the animation says ctrl+click... which one is it? – Luciano Jan 31 '18 at 9:35
  • Apologies - Its Ctrl + Enter, also updated the image with corrected text – Mohd Faizan Feb 3 '18 at 10:23

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.