What are such illustrations called? How can they be made?


That's called Flat Art or the Flat Look. There is no automatic way to make it, it's drawn by hand in a vector graphics program like Illustrator.

The look is defined by basic geometric shapes like circles and squares. There is no shadow, transparency, gradient or outline used, only solid color blocks.

  • I would say that there is shadow in the sense that some blocks are colored in a darker shade than others to convey depth. – Ashlee Palka Feb 1 '18 at 21:32

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.