I am looking for the following feature in Photoshop (natively or as a plugin):

When you press and hold down the specific key, a little window will appear at the corner what shows the zoomed content of the area where your brush is currently at. The window updates it’s contents as you move your brush, following it of course. The window will disappear as soon as you let go of the key you were holding. The feature is available with any tool, at any time. With this feature you don’t have to constantly zoom in and out to get the pixel-perfect precision when it’s necessary.


There is a built in tool in photoshop called Navigator

Click Window then choose Navigator

| improve this answer | |
  • You completely misunderstood me. That is far from something I requested. – Fadey Anomaly Feb 4 '18 at 11:42
  • @FadeyAnomaly Husam's answer is a perfectly valid alternative, although it doesn't function exactly the way you suggest, the Navigator window can be used very effectively for detailed retouching reducing the need to zoom in and out of an image. – Billy Kerr Feb 5 '18 at 11:56

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.