I'm trying to make a text like this one here in Photoshop and i have no idea how to do that.

If this a big question, just give me a subject to search about it.

Question Goal Sample Image


  • 1
    Hi Sina Mohammadi, thanks for your question. Could you tell us what you tried that didn't work? Always good to show some effort, and your chances for a good answer increase. We are not a tutorial-on-demand site. If you have any questions, please see the help center or ping one of us in the Graphic Design Chat once your reputation is sufficient (20). Keep contributing and enjoy the site!
    – Vincent
    Commented Feb 15, 2018 at 11:32

2 Answers 2


Paint the text in white, no need to rasterize it.

Change its mode to Difference.

Now it will show the opposite colors.

Image below:

enter image description here


Greyscale image.

  • Chose Layer > New Adjustment Layer > Invert and click OK (ignore what it does to the image right now)

  • Set your type on a layer above the adjustment layer.

  • Command/Ctrl+click the Type Layer thumbnail in the Layers Panel to load the type as a selection.

  • Turn off visibility for the type layer.

  • Highlight the Adjustment Layer Mask and fill the selection with black.

  • Deselect All (Command/Ctrl+d)

  • Choose Image > Adjustments > invert to invert the mask


enter image description here

  • From here you refine as desired by adjusting the mask.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.