I have managed to create a circle with 12 boxes inside which worked fine. I came to create another but with rounded corners and they don't line up. How would I fix this? I used the rotation tool and put 30 for angle and then duplicated it around. I somehow I need to account for the rounded corners. 360 / 12 = 30
Uh I'm not sure what you're asking but a way to make a shape repeat is this:
- Draw a line, 0 px by 0 px, make it only have a stroke with a rounded cap.
- Optional: center this dot in the artboard.
- Draw the shape you want to repeat. In your case, a rectangle. Place it above the dot.
- Group the two shapes
- Apply a Transform style to the group (not the individual objects)
- Set the anchor point to the bottom
- Set the rotation angle to 360 divided by the number of shapes you want. In your case 360/12=30. Illustrator accepts simple math.
- Profit??? Now you can edit the things in the group, add more stuff!