Is there a way to create a gradient map effect in illustrator? I tried different bledning modes but I cant get it to look the the photoshop version. Thanks in advance for the help.

  • You want to add that effect to a raster image? – Joonas Mar 2 '18 at 9:29
  • It may be possible to achieve some similar effect. However, it would greatly depend upon the artwork. The gradient map in Photoshop is really just a hue adjustment on a scale. That can be done in Illustrator (not with blending modes). – Scott Apr 1 '18 at 17:26
  • Manually build a gradient mesh over your art. – Webster Jul 30 '18 at 16:05

Not by default no. There might be some plugins to do this.

However it wouldnt really work eactly the same way as in a raster image, since vectors dont work exactly the same. I think we have a question on why a curves adjustment doesnt really seem to produce the same thing in vectors as in raster graphics somewhere.

  • any alternative way to achieve the same? – Vikas Jul 30 '20 at 7:03

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.