I hope someone can help me. I know about Object, Arrange and text wrap and all that, but I still cannot figure out how to get an object to go both in front of and behind text at the same time as in this Take Heart logo. Working in InDesign or Illustrator. Can anyone help?
Although it looks like a one-piece symbol, the heart icon is most likely made up of 2 shapes. Part of it will float over and part under the actual wording.
- Placing the heart drawing behind the text, Copy it
- Select the text
- Make Transparency Mask
- Uncheck Clip
- Click the mask window and paste in front: Cmd + F Mac or Ctrl + F Win
- Stroke it with 100% black
- Use the Direct Selection Tool to select and delete the point over the heart e
- If it's necessary use the Pen Tool to add a middle point
- Click the editing window