I want to create a transition using scanning effect (horizontal line going from a head to a toes of a character). Basically let's say I have two layers, one with green human, and second wth red human. Horizontal line while moving from up to bottom, switches layers, showing partially green/red human, then ending on showing only red one.

What should I do, in order to create an effect where this line, while going down, switching layer with the character to other layer. Also, is there any name for this kind of effect? Is it parallax?

  • In the "old days" of television, images were transmitted by individual lines, called scan lines. It used a process known as interlacing, which is still seen today. A 1080p is progressive, a 1080i (rare) is interlaced. It sounds like you want an interlacing effect. – fred_dot_u Mar 28 '18 at 16:35
  • I meant that effect: youtube.com/watch?v=_iglhY9jk3g – rocendroll Mar 29 '18 at 6:31
  • It appears that you've found the desired effect as well as a tutorial for creating it. Am I incorrect in my understanding? – fred_dot_u Mar 29 '18 at 15:53
  • Yes, I didn't find exact one that I desire to create. This is only similar concept, and I am looking for something like this – rocendroll May 21 '18 at 12:45

Wipe Motion Transition

About the name, this is something that I learned here in one of my questions:

Graphic term for precise/geometric double exposure images

And this is the link from monzoom.com with the the examples

enter image description here

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.