I am using Photoshop CC 19.1.2. and I have the following problem:

I want to add to a more or less random picture after a blur (gaussian or maybe field blur) the following effect:

enter image description here

As you can see, it gives it a touch of blurred shower window (like if you dont have a curtain or a transparent glass wall, but one with some kind of blinding pattern). It may be some kind of noise/selective emboss effect with highlights and shadows.

How would you proceed?


1 Answer 1


It is merely Filter > Filter Gallery > Distort > Glass.

Note you have to use the Filter Gallery. You can no longer get to the "Glass" filter without using the gallery it seems.

  • Actually you can add the glass filter and others back in the preferences. Click Edit > Preferences > Plug-ins, then choose the option "show all filter gallery groups and names". That'll put them back in the filter menu.
    – Billy Kerr
    Commented Mar 29, 2018 at 17:01
  • 1
    Thanks @BillyKerr I thought there was some setting somewhere for that, but wasn't certain.
    – Scott
    Commented Mar 29, 2018 at 17:11
  • I have no idea why Adobe felt the need to disable those filters from appearing in the filters menu. It's another one of those pointless changes that Adobe makes from time to time.
    – Billy Kerr
    Commented Mar 29, 2018 at 17:35

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.