I am currently realizing a poster with Scribus (I am a beginner) and run into troubles while printing with black background.
I have several pictures with transparent backgrounds (png). First, the general background of the document was set to cyan and there was no problem. Everything printed fine. Now I switched to a black background and here started the problems. All my pictures appear on print to be frame with black which is slightly different that of the background one (not the case in the pdf).
I am printing after export to pdf using my office printer:
I tried several thing which did not work.
- Created my own black with 100% K -- no improvement
- Used Rick black -- worst: contrast is even more marked
- Downloaded Scribus 1.5 to export to PDF X-4 -- no improvement
- Checked all pictures properties for knock out properties
- Switch to overprint properties -- no improvement
- Activated color management -- but there I am not sure what to do further...
I guess it's not a transparency problem as everything works fine when background is cyan, and I am completely stuck so any help/suggestions would be welcome on this.