Can InDesign make hyperlinks specifically to a table cell, so that link appears as soon as you hover on a cell before reaching the text in a cell?
Not attached to the cell directly.
The easiest way is to add a button the size of the cell and make it invisible.
Just draw a rectangle over the cell, set its fill and stroke to
None, then alter the options in
Window > Interactive > Buttons & Forms
- The arrow and bold number above are in a table cell.
- I drew a rectangle over the cell to match it's size
- Removed the fill and stroke from the rectangle
- Set the options in the Button Panel
- In addition to setting the destination (URL), I changed the
Rolloverstate so that the fill is black at 10% opacity
- Be certain to uncheck
Printablein most instances.