enter image description here

Does anyone know what letter this is? I have been trying to figure out what letter this is. I don't even know if its a letter and I don't know if its in a different language and font. It looks like this, ム (like a triangle). I tried looking it up but I couldn't find any pictures that match what I'm looking for.

  • 2
    Hi Benny, welcome to GD.SE and thanks for your question. I took the liberty to edit your post to make it a bit more legible and clearer. If I butchered anything beyond recognition, feel free to edit it back. If you have any questions about this site or about Stack Exchange in general, have a look at the tour or the help center. Do stick around and have fun! – Vincent Jun 13 '18 at 13:24
  • You may be able to get clues about various symbols from this unicode tables website, too! unicode-table.com/en – Silly-V Jun 14 '18 at 14:56

This is a katakana mu. Katakana is one of three Japanese scripts in use. It is used for loanwords, to convey a similar feel to ALL CAPS, or for onomatopoeia.

enter image description here

Wikipedia article on the mu in both katakana and hiragana.

  • 2
    And for sound symbolism, lest we forget. :-) – Janus Bahs Jacquet Jun 13 '18 at 21:02
  • @BennyPinkhasov, please remember to accept the answer so Vincent can get his points. – Wolff Jun 14 '18 at 16:25

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.