I see this pattern around for a while now and I don't know what Its name and if there any tips how I can do it using a filter or something?

enter image description here

1 Answer 1

  • It is not a Photoshop native filter, there are two solutions, or do it yourself, better in a vector application or use an Online Mosaic Maker Tool and download the result.

The mosaic filter in Photoshop can be a very useful pixelation effect, but it's restricted to turning an image into a set of squares.

This little app lets you use triangles, hexagons, bricks, cubes and other shapes, as well as adjusting size, rotation and more.


  • About the name is Tessellation, in this case Triangle Tessellation.

A tessellation of a flat surface is the tiling of a plane using one or more geometric shapes, called tiles, with no overlaps and no gaps.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.