Whenever I add a color overlay layer style to an object in photoshop, it goes over top of any gradient overlay I have. Is there any way to change this order?
No way to change the order, but there is a workaround.
- Set the layer with the color overly.
- Duplicate the layer [layer 2] so it's above the first layer [layer 1]
- Set the Fill for Layer 2 to 0%
- Apply the Gradient Overlay to Layer 2.
Or You could try this method:
- Set colour overlay on the layer
- Transform the layer to a smart object
- Set the gradient effect of the smart object
This way You have both effects on the same layer and You can also edit them.