Forgive the noob question but I have been searching (unsuccessfully) for documentation of what the different modes in the drop shadow wizard actually do? There are more than a dozen options for drop shadow "mode"... can someone please point me to documentation in order to understand the differences between them?

enter image description here

1 Answer 1


These are called Blending modes and for full description of it you should look straight by the source of app, like on this page:

Blending modes in Adobe Illustrator


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.