I have a section of a continuous image copy and pasted, but it is not tileable. How can I blend the segments together so that it looks like one piece? I have tried using the auto-blend layers feature, but that just makes things worse. (Each segment is on its own layer.)
If all the sections are in order and in different layers,:
- Duplicate the top layer and move it down vertically until place in the middle
- Click the copied layer and drag it to the mask icon located at the bottom of the Layers Panel to create a Mask
- Click the Mask Thumbnail
- Get the Gradient Tool and fill the mask white area with a Reflex Gradient black/white/black
- Repeat every two layers
- Select all the layers and Merge them from Menu Layer (or duplicate them and merge)
- Select the center area and go to Menu Filter > Noise > Median
Watching this case another time:
It seems some kind of joke. I selected the 2nd stripe from the top with the rectangle selection tool and flipped the area horizontally. The result fits . Now it's a repeating pattern.
ADD: The discussion in the comments reveals that it's not a joke. The questioner had originally too small piece of a texture - something like this, I guess:
He needed more, but simply repeating it wasn't any good. Then he made smaller slices, flipped some of them horizontally and asked, how to fade the borders of the slices. The goal was to get something non-repeating but to keep the style.
A solution to the original problem (without painting the missing area from scratch) is to copy smaller areas from the original by cloning and copy& paste. Pasted areas are new layers before merging them - so they can be scaled and rotated freely and that's done here.
Variatons can be made and the cutting edges can be faded with the smudge brush as long as the pasted parts are independent layers. Healing brush fade easily sharp borders after merging.
The green stripes can be pulled with smudge brush (make a selection before)
Lighted areas at the paper edges can be made with a curves adjustment layer. In the layer mask white allows the brightening to occur.