I like to make a moving blur on a picture using GIMP (on Ubuntu). What kind of effects should I use? I already use blur but it doesn't give the moving blur.

Note: I'm beginner in graphic design

  • I think you mean "motion blur"? Commented Oct 29, 2012 at 14:34
  • @OlleSjögren Yes, it is motion blur. I don't know the ordinary name so I use moving blur.
    – lambda23
    Commented Oct 29, 2012 at 14:46

1 Answer 1


To add Motion blur: Select Blur from the Filters menu, then Motion Blur. You can select to add blur from linear, radial, and/or zoom movements.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.