When I am in isolation mode in Illustrator, and I save the file, it exits isolation mode. This can be a pain when I am within a group within a group within a group (three or four groups deep). The Adobe help article on the topic does not include saving in the list of ways to exit isolation mode:
Exit isolation mode
- Do one of the following:
- Press Esc.
- Click the Exit Isolation Mode button one or more times (if you’ve isolated a sublayer, one click takes you back a level, two clicks exits isolation mode).
- Click anywhere in the isolation mode bar.
- Click the Exit Isolation Mode button in the Control panel.
- Using the Selection tool, double-click outside of the isolated group.
- Right-click (Windows) or Control-click (Mac OS) and choose Exit Isolation Mode.
On the top left here, you can see how I am currently in a group within a group. Clicking save will completely exit me out of isolation mode.
How can I prevent this behavior?