I'm looking for a term for these 'lines' that often appear on the bottom right corner in dialogs. Is there an official term for this?


enter image description here

  • 3
    I'm voting to close this question as off-topic because it belongs to ux.stackexchange.com – user120647 Aug 20 '18 at 14:52
  • 1
    Hi @Gerlof Leuhof, You will get better answers at ux.stackexchange.com where there are people with more experience in these topic – user120647 Aug 20 '18 at 14:53
  • @Danielillo I disagree. The fact that it would be a better fit on UX does not mean that it would be off-topic here. Imho, this is something that graphic designers could know, and is relevant to their job, as they might have to design and talk about these objects. – Vincent Aug 29 '18 at 12:02
  • @Vincent Sometimes it is too broad what is in and what is out. In these cases I tend to see the practical side, and in the other site there are more people working with this type of things daily, so as far as the name is concerned, it seemed more appropriate to insert it there (to me). Different would be that the question faced about the design possibilities of this object. Anyway, the OP got a good answer here. – user120647 Aug 29 '18 at 13:08
  • 1
    @Danielillo Both. I think this Q is not detrimental to our quality at all, do you? :) – Vincent Aug 29 '18 at 13:53

I have always called it a "resizing handle".

It might not be an official name though. According to an online computer jargon dictionary it can also be called "sizing handle", "handle", "drag handle", "sizing grip" or "resize corner".

  • I'm getting a lot of hits on Google on 'Resize handle'. Thanks! – Gerlof Leuhof Aug 21 '18 at 7:03

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.