enter image description here

What is the name of this font and where can I find more fonts of this style? I also don't know what kind of font-style this is (e.g. of others, Grotesque, Neue, Slab, etc).

  • You can find similar fonts by uploading a screenshot of the font here: Oct 6, 2018 at 12:21

2 Answers 2


Playfair Display Bold

This font seems to be Playfair Display Bold

enter image description here

  • What about the "t", "c"?
    – user120647
    Oct 6, 2018 at 8:04
  • I was deceived by an evil font recognition website, haha! Now corrected.
    – Electron
    Oct 6, 2018 at 8:28

Transitional Roman

Playfair is a transitional design. In the European Enlightenment in the late 18th century, broad nib quills were replaced by pointed steel pens as the popular writing tool of the day. Together with developments in printing technology, ink, and paper making, it became to print letterforms of high contrast and delicate hairlines that were increasingly detached from the written letterforms.

The transitional Romans are those that appear between the old and the modern ones. Its main features, in addition to the usual in each Roman typography, are:

  • Construction based on an orthogonal grid
  • The o axis is at 90º unlike the old one that is slanted
  • The serif ends at 90º or 0º
  • The serif is thinner than the old romans but not a hair line like the modern romans
  • The stroke modulation contrast is more accentuated

o axis


Other classical Transitional Romans are: Baskerville, Bookman, Caslon, Cheltenham, Kepler, Times New Roman.

More info about Roman Typography classification in this answer

Playfair Display via Google Fonts

enter image description here

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.