So basically, I've made a set of playing cards for a client and he said the printer wants to add 3mm bleed lines to the cards like this .. However these don't look like bleed lines to me?(the pink line) Aren't bleeds on the outside of the image not inner? I'm guessing they're trim lines.. I've been looking for tutorials everywhere on how to add them with no luck.

  • You should ask the print shop what the marking means but you're right, it probably is a trim line. – AndrewH Nov 8 at 22:30

This is a cut line, most likely for the print to get die-cut. You can create this with a stroke and then setting it to a spot colour called something like 'cutter'. The printer can then send this artwork to get a die made at the correct spec.

Your Answer


By clicking "Post Your Answer", you acknowledge that you have read our updated terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy, and that your continued use of the website is subject to these policies.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.