enter image description here

Does anyone know the official definition for these buttons in the attached image (taken from the Apple Store app)? They're basically radio buttons with an icon and/or text in them, but can't seem to find any documentation on them.

I've looked in the iOS guidelines as well, unless I'm looking in the wrong section. Also if anyone knows, is there an Android counterpart?

  • 1
    I see a minimum of 18 buttons there... perhaps a bit more specitivity would help? – Scott Nov 16 '18 at 20:36
  • I meant the button in general where it's a radio selectable with text and/or an icon, but we'll go ahead with with the two buttons under Finish (Silver/Space Gray) for specifics. – Jeff Nov 17 '18 at 21:04

There's no special name for buttons with icons on the inside. People on the internet call it a button with icons.

  • This is not the correct name for the buttons – Zach Saucier Nov 19 '18 at 20:17
  • I mean icons in buttons like icon of glass magnifier for search button – Pararera Nov 19 '18 at 20:41
  • Right, but that's not what the original poster (OP) is looking for. As such, your answer isn't helpful to the poster – Zach Saucier Nov 19 '18 at 20:53
  • Edited post. There's no special name for it. – Pararera Nov 19 '18 at 21:06

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.