I want to know how this effect can be created in Photoshop or illustrator

digital pixelation effect

  • 1
    Hi corefragments, we are a help resource for the graphic design professional and enthousiast, not a tutorial-on-demand site. Please look for tutorials online and try to follow them. If you get stuck doing a specific step, we'll be glad to help. – PieBie Nov 29 '18 at 11:09
  • @PieBie Thanks for pointing this out but I posted this question after searching the web for tutorial and coming up empty handed . I,m not looking for tutorials but help in actually replicating this effect which I,m not sure what it's called . I should have title my question a it better. – corefragments Nov 29 '18 at 12:49

It's a custom Photoshop brush you can download for free at www.123freebrushes.com/square-sparkle/

Once loaded:

  • Remove the rotation going to Brush Presets > Shape Dynamics > move the Angle Jitter slider to 0
  • To increase the separation, go to Brush Tip Shape and drag the Spacing slider
  • From Brush Presets > Scattering > modify the Scatter options



You can achieve this with effect with the Brush Tool in Photoshop.

  • Can you please elaborate further? Possibly include screenshots as well. As it stands this is more of a comment then an answer. – WELZ Nov 29 '18 at 16:15
  • Thank you WELZ for your request. I think Danielillo did this already very good with screenshots, i work with Photoshop and i can confirm this. Please understand my posting as an confirmation related to Danielillo. – Michael Sunshine Nov 30 '18 at 17:26

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.