This question already has an answer here:

I am looking for design literature discussing the thematic graphical modification of text. Often, images (from a theme) are modified to make a letter / word discernible in them. Two examples of this "modification" -

  1. A Harry Potter Themed "Always" (link) - In this picture, the word "Always" has been written using Harry Potter themed icons, such as wizards, the Deathly Hallows, Quidditch Rings etc.

  2. Google Doodles - Google Doodles are modifications of the word "Google" in the Google homepage logo to commemorate an event or festival. For example, the doodle for 40 years of Sesame Street (link) replaced the 'o' with Cookie Monstar's eyes.

My question is - What is this graphical modification of text called? What are some keywords I can use to search for design literature discussing this modification?

marked as duplicate by Danielillo, usr2564301, WELZ, Luciano, Ovaryraptor Jan 15 at 17:30

This question has been asked before and already has an answer. If those answers do not fully address your question, please ask a new question.

  • 1
    Welcome or maybe welcome as a question-poster. Please consider placing visual examples, rather than links. It will make your question much more accessible to those guys who already know the answer. And it will increase your chance of getting your answer (fast). The more effort you put into your questions on GD the more we are willing to help you - or to put an effort into the answers. – Martin Zaske Dec 23 '18 at 12:34

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.