I have found a font I really like to program with, but it is too tall.
I would like to scale the height of the font to 80% (or alternatively scale the width of the font to 125% if that might work better).
This is what I have tried:
- Open the TTF file
- Edit > Select > Select All
- Element > Transformations > Transform
- Scale Y to 80%, leave X at 100%
After doing this, it looks like it has worked: the glyphs in the editor now have the aspect ratio I want.
So I proceed:
- Element > Font Info
- Change the three font name fields
- When recommended to "Change XUID?", accept
- File > Generate Fonts to save a new TTF
But when I try to use the new font in an application (e.g. GVim or Konsole) it looks exactly like it did before!
What can I do to make the new aspect ratio stick?