I want to make a gif of a photo by altering the exposure. I'm actually trying to do a smooth transition to ''lights off'' then coming back to original version. Also I want to save this as a gif. With which program I could do this?
There are lots of programs you could make animations with, if I were you I'd just research some programs, there's probably some good free ones out there.
If you have Photoshop however, you can even use that.
Here's some instructions on how you could do this "lights off" effect in Photoshop CC, with a link at the bottom that includes screenshots.
- Create two layers, one of these layers will represent the "before" state and the other the "after"
- Open the Timeline pane and create a new Frame Animation
- Create one frame where only your "before" is visible, then create another where your "after" is visible on top.
- Select the frames and press the "Tweens Animation Frames" button in the Timeline panel
- Select how any frames you want to generate, and make sure "Opacity" is checked. You can uncheck the others. Hit 'OK'
- Go to File -> Export -> Save For Web (Legacy)
- In the top-right make sure you have a GIF format selected
- You can now Preview the GIF (bottom-left) or Save it if you're happy
Once you get comfortable with this it doesn't take more than 60 seconds to do!