I've been trying to reproduce this art but can't get such smooth blur and how it just "drags" like smoke... Where should I do it: Photoshop or Illustrator. And how to do it?

enter image description here

  • Welcome to GD.SE - please take a quick look around tour and How to Ask and How to Answer a question, to get an idea of our community and the kinds of questions which are appropriate here, and how to frame them in order to encourage the best responses. One thing we like to see is what you've tried so far to achieve your desired results, and where that effort has met trouble. Can you edit to show your current efforts? – GerardFalla May 28 '19 at 20:40

In Illustrator

Make a circle filled it with a Radial Gradient:

  • from orange to orange
  • from 100% to 0% opacity

and use the Gradient Annotator to define the gradient shape:

enter image description here

With this gradient circle with a Feather Effect, add another ellipse with a half radial blur:

enter image description here


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.