I'm looking to identify some kind pattern used on a background, I'm not sure what it is. Reminds me of some kind of stone-like pattern, or perhaps even "stains".

enter image description here

You can find this in the navigation as well as in the boxes for "login", mostly at the top of it.

Is the author of this using some kind of pattern method/effect or is it simply just done by hand, manually?


That looks like rust or dirt to me. And the style is grunge. I think what you're after. I'm pretty sure there're lots of video tuts how to make it. I'd search a b&w background pict and change to desired colour.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.