I need some help defining the technique used in this image.

the word play with an effect added

I call it a 3d drop shadow but that isn't the best or correct term to use for this graphic.


I would simply call it 3D extruded text.

  • 2
    Why 3d it could just be 2d extruded too ;) – joojaa Aug 20 '19 at 17:50
  • Thank you both for your help either of these options make it easier to communicate the style to my client. – ROBERT ALVARADO Aug 20 '19 at 18:06
  • 1
    @joojaa, yeah you're right. Or just "extruded text". But it's such a short answer - I needed all the characters I could get :-). – Wolff Aug 20 '19 at 19:09

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.