In photoshop there is a button on bottom of the layers panel,looking similar to this "(ƒx)" . How can I achieve similar effect on layers within GIMP?

  • you dont. Gimp is not the in same tool category as photoshop. – joojaa Sep 19 '19 at 13:26
  • Ok, is there anything to change/edit blending modes with parameter in gimp? – LaraFlow Sep 19 '19 at 13:59
  • No, there isn't. We need to get to GIMP 3.2 to get that: wiki.gimp.org/wiki/Roadmap#GIMP_3.2 – Michael Schumacher Sep 19 '19 at 15:28
  • These are caller Layer Effects in Photoshop. GIMP doesn't have them by default, however there is a layer effects plugin (layerfx.py) which will get you some way towards similar functionality. You'll have to search using google to find it. Also note that it's not non-destructive like Photoshop's layer effects. – Billy Kerr Sep 19 '19 at 18:41

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.