For a user interface I need at least 10 distinctive perceived hues, to get a palette with these criteria:
- The palette should have at least 10 hues and 4 lightness levels for each hue (dark, medium-dark, medium-light, light).
- Each of the hues should have the same perceived distance to the next one.
- Each of the hues should have high saturation (i.e.: brown shouldn't be an option, since it's a desaturated orange). Grey, white or black aren't options either.
- Each lightness level should be perceived as the same across all of the hues (ie: dark_blue should be as dark as dark_yellow).
- If each hue can be easily named, that would be a nice addition (i.e.: red, orange, yellow, etc.).
- Dark and medium-dark lightness should have good contrast with white
- Light and medium-light lightness should have good contrast with black
I have made this test, which is far from what I need (i.e. yellow and gold are closer than turquoise and blue), but it can give an idea of what I'm looking for:
Is there a palette that fits these criteria? If not, is there a way to achieve this or something similar to this?
Edit: Changed the question from "12 colors palette" to "At least 10 colors" since I don't need specifically 12.