So I know how to create a duplicate of a smart object and edit it independently from one another by using "New Smart Object via copy". I found that trick on this forum and it works well. However, my situation is a little different. I'll try to explain:
- I was given a file with existing smart objects...with the text all in English...In properties it's called Layer 201.psb and its an embedded Smart Object.
- There are 10 different layouts that use this same smart object on separate layers (different shapes, sizes, masks and positioning of the smart object).
- My mission is to maintain each of those layouts, yet for each one create a new set of 10 layers with the text in Spanish. So, I don't want to create a new object via copy 10 times on each layer. Or else I would end up with Layer 201.psb, layer 202.psb, etc...and kind of defeats the purpose of a smart object.
- Ideally, I would like to end up with a Smart Object Layer 201.psb used on 10 layers that are all in English, and Smart Object Layer 202.psb used on 10 identical layers that are all in Spanish. (and then for some files, a new set of 10 all in Portuguese, a new set all in German, and so on)
- I have hundreds of files, so need to streamline the easiest way to maintain separate sets of smart object layers.
Please let me know if you have any questions.