I have a photo that is not of very high quality and and these kinds of small cracks all over its surface.

enter image description here

Is there a way to reduce this effect?

  • Hi. Welcome to GDSE. Can you share the entire photo? It's difficult to differentiate between what parts are cracks, and which are details. All I can really see is some sort of texture. – Billy Kerr Nov 28 '19 at 19:38

You can use luminance noise reduction, but the overall result will be to lose detail.

If that is part of a much larger image, sharpening or using high-pass on the result might regain some apparent edge detail, but on that small segment it's hard to tell.

Quick bluff through Photoshop, no re-sharpening as I don't know what needs to be sharpened from so little information…

enter image description here

I ran a high-pass too, but with no real hope of knowing which detail needs to be recovered it's a total guess…

enter image description here

A better guess could be made from the full image - blur or blank out any personal details, faces etc, if you need to.

| improve this answer | |

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.