How do I achieve this design in Illustrator? Im assuming its a stroke? but it takes fills in the shape perfectly....

2 Answers 2

  • Draw a shape
  • Fill the shape with a color
  • Select the shape
  • Choose Effect > Stylize > Scribble and play

enter image description here

enter image description here

  • 1
    Wow! Thank you very much! I really appreciate the helpful and quick answers!!! :)
    – claudia
    Commented Dec 20, 2019 at 0:34
  • I'm new to this site, but how can I rate the answers I get for my questions so that I can properly credit, and give gratitude and let the person who answered know that it was helpful? I dont seem to see any checkmarks or buttons option that i can click. Is writing a good comment simply enough? In any case Thank you :) it was very helpful.
    – claudia
    Commented Dec 20, 2019 at 17:36
  • Hi @claudia -- At the top left of an answer you should see up/down arrows and a check mark. You can up vote good answers, down vote bad answers and the check mark marks an answer as correct or selected.
    – Scott
    Commented Dec 20, 2019 at 19:39
  • Thank you :) DONE!
    – claudia
    Commented Jan 6, 2020 at 17:32

This is a filter that is applied to the shape. Select the object and go up to the Effect menu > Illustrator Effects: Stylize > Scribble. The default settings look fairly sloppy, but if you set the curviness and variation sliders to their minimums, you'll get the tidy effect you see in your example.enter image description here

  • WOW!!! thank you sooo much! I really appreciate your helpful answers :)
    – claudia
    Commented Dec 19, 2019 at 21:56
  • 1
    This method has quite some nifty uses on a laser engraver
    – joojaa
    Commented Dec 20, 2019 at 14:47

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.